Monday, March 17, 2014

Professional is as Professional Does

My first-born daughter, Chelsea, will be beginning her senior year this coming fall at Mansfield University of Pennsylvania.  She's come so far in such a short amount of time.  She has most definitely found a thriving learning community, including mentors, admired professors and lots and lots of friends!  She is learning the value of hard work, dedication and commitment as she strives to meet her goals in her chosen mass communications field of study.  She's taking on Student Government roles, works as a film-editing tutor in the computer lab, is a member of various on-campus organizations such as GLO, SAFE, PRSSA, Flashlight (the university newspaper), MUTV, WNTE and is the current Vice President of the Organizational Communications Club (OCC) - just to name a few!   Can you blame me for beaming with pride?!  She's a shining star!  

The thing that I have been saying to her most recently (other than how proud of her I am) is to begin thinking of yourself as a professional and acting as a professional, too.  And I would say this very same thing to every junior and senior year college student, as well.  This is the time to embrace a professional attitude and act on it.  

I noticed that she needed some head shots for her LinkedIn profile, and for the website she has launched with her film portfolio.  Keeping in mind that prospective clients and employers will have easy access to view her work and get to know her a bit, it's imperative that she look the professional part.  So… we finally found some time to create a few head shots for her to use.  Take a look at my girl and her beautiful, smart, fun portraits created with love by her proud momma.   :-))) 




"I believe film has the power to change the world and I want to be a part of that."
Chelsea Simmers


For any junior or senior year Mansfield University student interested in having some professional head shots created, I plan to be on your campus Friday and Saturday, April 25 and 26 wielding my camera and looking for you.  I am offering a special mini-session head shot series just for Mansfield students (up to 5 digital files for you to use as needed for your professional portfolio and 20 minutes of photographing time on campus) for $50.  If 12 or more students sign up by Friday, April 18, the price will be reduced to $45 per mini-session.  So, please, tell your friends to get involved, too!  Session times are limited.  Please email me today with your name and contact info to secure your session.  my3girlsphotography@gmail.com or call me:  610.856.1783

Think spring flowers, green grass and professional head shots!  I can't wait to meet you!!  What fun it'll be!   




all images within are expressly owned and copyrighted: ©  My 3 Girls Photography 2014
thank you for respecting the artist's integrity

No comments:

Post a Comment