Friday, August 1, 2014

Welcoming in August

Happy August to you, friends!

Turning the calendar early this morning to welcome August's arrival, I'm reminded of many things.  First, the fact that none of us (that includes me!) want to admit, but … summertime is waning.  



So far, it's been a beautiful one, absolutely gorgeous.  And I hope the remaining days will be much the same.  Our weather in the northeast has been rather cool, with lower humidity than in past years.  For that I am grateful.  We've barely run our air conditioning this year, and have had our windows opened more often than not - thanking the electricity gods for a break!!  I love having the windows open to listen to the sounds the locusts, birds, grasshoppers, hummingbirds, neighboring bullfrogs, all make.  It is significant of summertime to me.  Well, that and watermelon! ;) 

And it's not over yet!  There's still lots of fun to be had!!  My August calendar is full of great things coming up!   


On that note I want to share some news with you.  

Workshop Announcement: 

I am planning to have a dSLR workshop for beginners wanting to learn how to shoot in manual mode.  This workshop will be held in my backyard on Saturday, August 9, set to begin at 11am.  I have space for 5 dSLR owners to attend.  I'm really excited about this workshop.  This is my first go at this so, for the 5 that are able to join in, you are my precedent for possible future workshops.  We will talk about aperture, ISO, shutter speed in a relaxed environment - (wear comfy, "play" clothes as we'll probably be on our knees in my flower beds!) and have a potluck lunch, too.  Participants are asked to bring along a dish, dessert, or salad to share with the group.  It is my hope that this workshop will encourage you to overcome any feelings of apprehension you may experience when using that big, beautiful camera you spent a small fortune on!  ;)  We will cover the basics for you to gain more confidence in your photography skills.  I am asking for a minimum donation of $25 to attend this backyard workshop.  A part of your donation will go towards Tiny Sparrow Foundation - a non-profit organization that pairs up families with children who are facing life threatening illnesses with professional photographers in order to offer them a "Picture of Hope" family session.  Your generosity is appreciated and will inspire hope for such families.  I am a proud member of Tiny Sparrow Foundation, as well.  

To secure your spot in this fun, relaxed, informative, hands-on workshop, please email me for further details and information:  my3girlsphotography@gmail.com
Deadline to enroll is Wednesday, August 6.  Thank you!!  


2 Free Tickets for a Longwood Gardens session:

Fall is around the corner - and that means family photography sessions!  If you have a gift certificate to redeem, a credit from a winning drawing, or have any interest whatsoever in scheduling a session with me this September, October, or November, please contact me ASAP!  The fall schedule will be full before we know it, and I want to be certain that everyone has enough time to schedule their family's fall portraits.  As of now, I only have 2 dates left in September!  The first family to contact me to secure a session at Longwood Gardens (preferably before the end of September), will receive 2 free entry tickets to the gardens (a $36 savings).  I want to give them away!!  Longwood Gardens is an amazing location for a session of any kind!  It's one of my very favorite places on earth, chock full of wonder and terrific photo opportunities.  



Family Mini-Session Dates Announced:

Fall dates for family mini-sessions are as follows:

Saturday & Sunday, October 18 and 19 at Springton Manor Farm in Glenmoore.  A beautiful, sprawling, picturesque 300 acre demonstration farm, where you will see farm animals, Penn Oaks, a demonstration barn & agricultural museum, a small pond, trails, heritage murals, scenic views and more.  Plus, some of the most fantastic trees I've ever seen!!  I will be taking 2 families per day.  The price is $175 (for a family of up to 6 members), includes 30 to 40 minutes of personal session time, an online gallery of 15 images, your choice of 5 high-res digital files to keep and print on disc, and a $35 print credit to be used with your gallery.  

Saturday & Sunday, October 25 and 26 at Conrad Weiser Homestead in Womelsdorf.  This park is rich in history, dating back to the 18th century; a rural countryside dotted with the surviving period stone houses and traditional farms. The Conrad Weiser Homestead includes period buildings, and a new orientation exhibit, on a 26-acre Olmsted-designed landscaped park.  Two large monuments, a gazebo, the Weiser Family Cemetery, and a pond are also located upon the site. Again, I will be taking 2 families per day.  The price is $175 (for a family of up to 6 members), which includes 30 to 40 minutes of personal session time, an online gallery of 15 images, your choice of 5 high-res digital files to keep and print on disc, and a $35 print credit to be used with your gallery.

For the families that confirm their date of photography with me on or before August 15, will also receive an additional $25 gallery credit towards your favorite purchases.  That goes for any type of session you choose.  I love my client friends and I look forward to our time together - coming up!!  

For now though, let's continue to enjoy these beautiful summer days while we have them.  I know I am!!  Cheers, friends!!!  



No comments:

Post a Comment