Monday, August 11, 2014

truth and light … and other reflections

Good Monday to you.  I hope your week is off to a productive, happy start.  

My thoughts are a whirlwind of splendor after this past weekend.  Where do I begin to tell you all about it?  That's the question!  

As I listen to the girls happily playing in the bathtub, whittling away these gorgeous summertime hours, I am filled with such gratitude for my family, my friends, the ones who have remained true to me.  You know who you are.  Truth and light - these were my weekend lessons. 




As for truth and light - the first important lesson I learned is to have more photography workshops.  I held my very first this past Saturday with two of the most patient, ready to learn, and I must mention, lovely ladies to ever cross my path.  They were delightful, plain and simply put.  I know I've heard it said somewhere that the best way to learn something is to teach it.  I can attest that statement to be true after this workshop.  It's completely new to me to explain proper exposure while maintaining continuous control over your camera.  It was enlightening and, in hindsight, I can see where I need to improve upon for the next workshop.  

Can I tell you, honestly, that I was SO nervous to do this!  I was literally sweating myself into a tizzy!   I hope that my friends didn't notice - or if they did, they didn't show it.  Thank you ladies for your grace.  :)  And thank you for your wonderful company, great questions, lunch offerings, time and patience.  My goal was to keep it simple, fun, yet knowledgeable and confidence invoking.  The time seemed to pass by much too quickly - did you notice that, too?  We should have a weekend long workshop in the future - maybe some place at the beach.  Ooo, now I'm really pushing those dreams!!  ;-) 

Please consider sharing an image with me from our workshop together.  I'd love to see!!  Please?!   Thank you, thank you, thank you!   And thank you for your contributions, too.  We raised $50 for our friends at Tiny Sparrow Foundation.  They will be very pleased!  yay!!


My family and I spent time celebrating, reconnecting, visiting with extended family and long-time friends yesterday afternoon at my parents' home in Elverson.  We were a bit weary, tired after sleeping under the stars the night before in our backyard - Did you happen to see the Super Moon?!  If not, check it out tonight!  Anyhow, it all worked out well and we had such a nice time - both backyard camping with our dear friends and hanging out with family. 

My sister and her family from the Miami, Florida area are visiting this week, which is a total treat for us!!  Our kids play great with each other since they are about the same ages - my girls get very excited and bubbly knowing they are going to spend time with their cousins!   When the sun began setting in the sky, I wrangled the troops together for a walk to the neighboring field of sunflowers.  The good folks at the Please Wash Me Carwash planted a sunny field of sunflowers for everyone to enjoy!  Wow, how thoughtful of them!  The bees are especially thankful, it seems.  ;-) 

Another lesson for me this past weekend was to look for the August light; after all, photography is painting with light.  The light is changing quickly and every day it becomes more precious, fleeting.  Plus, I was on a hunt for some sun flare!  I found it!  OH, these August days, I want to wrap my arms around you and hold onto you as long as I can…    





Do share, my friends, how your weekend was.  What most surprised you?  What did you learn?  More importantly, what did you learn about yourself?  




P.s.  There's still time to schedule your fall sessions with me!  And to receive the additional print credit, please contact me prior to Aug 16!  Also, the FREE Longwood Gardens tickets are still available.  Going.. Going.. 
For more info, please visit - Welcoming in August - Blog Post

No comments:

Post a Comment